View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #5
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I suppose anything is possible, but that would require something in the way of a firmware update or at least a command passed through wireless, and I had WiFi off... Far more likely that some routine accidentally switched a bit or byte or seven so that the firmware thought it was running on a non "with special offers" device.

If they started displaying ads on everyone's devices after charging more for units where that was not the norm I think they'd be on pretty iffy ground legally... Irregardless of what any agreements might contain, unless they disclosed that policy prior to purchase they'd probably get clobbered the world around, especially offering a lower priced unit for the express purpose of displaying ads.

Frankly, the ads don't even make it onto my radar, but I'd like the ability to set the power down mode off so I can see just how much power sleep mode sucks up.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote