View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
@ixtab: I'm not really sure about the text interface, seems like it would be too much of a shock for noobs, although I do agree that it should fit on a CD.
It's not like I'm trying to convince you at all costs, but please take a look at the text-based Ubuntu installer. (If you're worried, start it in a VM, and if you're even more worried, start it in "rescue" mode so it won't write anything to any disk ).

I honestly can't think of many things which are more intuitive and straightforward than that. (Especially given our scenario, like "Select your Kindle Model" -> "Kindle Touch" -> "Install vanilla 5.0.0") etc.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote