View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
actually that's a really interesting question. i can't say i've thought about it enough to really consider it a methodology, however i do seem to have some consistent habits.

i am usually reading several books at the same time, and i switch between them depending on mood. almost always in the group there is (at least) one very "lightweight" book, like an agatha christie or other mystery, or pg wodehouse, for a night when i am too tired to concentrate on anything very much but just want to read to relax.

when i discover a new author i like, i usually devour everything i can find by them whether or not the books are part of a series or not, until i run out of them. often i will fall into a "theme" and read a lot of books having something in common (even if superficially) ; for instance a few years ago i discovered the portugese writer Saramago ; then i discovered another portugese author by chance (the name escapes me now) and for several months i read only portugese litterature.

it's interesting to look at people's reading habits. you seem to have a well-thought out system.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote