View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I admit that I've never read any of Card's work, but I always have to wonder whether his (admitted) opinions on social hot-button topics are really that obvious in his writing...
His writing is great, and you should definitely try his Ender series. Tales of the Alvin Maker are very good too, just not quite my cup of coffee.
If you insist, buy his books second-hand, or borrow them from library, so he doesn't get your hard-earned money.

I disagree with his views as well, so what?
I do not examine worldviews of the baker that made bread I ate for breakfast. The bread is either good, or it isn't. Period.