View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #152
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Kindle K3G and DXG
beta3b version doesn't seem to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
So, I'm trying out the method I proposed a couple posts back. I want to see if I can do the whole copy process in one command (aka, not more save old files, copy new files, copy old files). I'm trying the rsync --delete command, so it may not work and it may even be dangerous (but I doubt that). Try it out and as always, post your logs!!
I assume you are talking about beta3b version. It created image with a problem, but after successful update DXG is just stuck at amazon tree screen.

I'm having slight problems entering recovery menu.

I managed to show it once so I know it works, but it timeouted (in just few seconds) and now I'm stuck on tree screen again.

I can see that power led goes off 9 seconds after holding power, and it seems that DXG needs longer than 60 seconds for first holding (once I managed to get into recovery I held power about 120 seconds).

Update: after a lot of trials, now I don't even get power led to turn on when plugged into usb. Rest of experiments will have to wait another day, since I run out of time today.

Should Kindle be plugged into USB while entering recovery?

Update 2: it seems that it's easier with USB plugged, since you can see led going off (if it doesn't it doesn't work for me). Also it's really important to be fast when releasing and again pressing power as well as pressing E do get USB to show up :-)

I'm right now restoring 2.5.8, and I can re-try beta3b if that will help. Last time I did beta3 -> beta3b update, does that make difference?

Last edited by dpavlin; 05-15-2011 at 04:30 PM.
dpavlin is offline   Reply With Quote