View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #27
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Ummm, how do you know if you like it or not if you've never played it? If you can tell that you don't like it without playing it, why would you buy it in the first place?
True: my idea is that you should have a short time (say, 24 hours) to "check" the content you downloaded. If you like it, you keep it; otherwise, you can have it switched with something else.
For "long-lasting art" that's not a problem: I have hundreds of DVDs and hundreds of CDs, and most of them have been played many times, over tens of years. All "classics" could be thought as belonging to this category.
For "short lifespan art" (e.g., blockbuster movies), 24 hours could exhaust all the useful life of the content, though. That's why (in a previous post) I proposed that media companies can tag such items as "non-exchangeable".
Of course they should not be allowed to tag all of their output this way ;-)
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote