View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #17
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I don't agree with the implication, but this reinforces the principle that content providers want it both ways -- all ways, really. They want IP treated as a tangible product when you need to replace or transform your purchase but want it treated as something else when you want to share it.

If I cannot loan my Harry Potter eBook to a friend because I licensed the IP, then I expect that I should be able to transform my books into eBooks at no additional cost. In fact, I think I should be able to 'refresh' my IP when it is no longer consumable in its original form -- whether that be from wear and tear on a book or the fact that my new eReader does not support the format I specified when purchasing the IP.

Only among content providers is an act that leaves the victim with no less than they started with called theft.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote