View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #67
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Members Library Sign In (https://members.oreilly.com)

In March 2020 the Members Library will be shutting down
Please download any ebook, video compilation, or other content you wish to save prior to March 2020.

If you login they write

Your Products

Every ebook and video you’ve purchased through your O’Reilly account is available below. You get lifetime access to these products, and we will alert you when they are updated.

... so lifelong means until March 2020 apparently?
The writing has been on the wall for O'Reilly for several years. A subscription to their service was a must for programmers from 2007 through a few years ago. Over the last couple of years, they have been shifting more to videos and putting out less and less book content. Kind of unfortunate, since as fast as computer technology changes, a subscription service was perfect for it.

By an odd coincidence, my yearly subscription renewal is in March. I went ahead and canceled my subscription. I've actually used my download tokens for quite a few books over the years, and generally download them right away.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote