View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 02:19 AM   #29
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
that makes sense. thanks for explaining.

as for dropbox privacy being wide open to abuse via apps, i have been moving some of my non-book stuff back out of dropbox to other locations - better safe than sorry.

i have put another copy of my calibre library into pcloud put the app on the new tablet, to see if there's anyway to access it from other apps. it might be there as a " virtual drive" in android. pcloud on pc uses a virtual drive - its not clear what it uses on android,yet.

a quick look at box tells me there is no free tier, cheapest is $4 per month which does not suit me.

and dropbox paid is no longer of interest even if they introduce a cheaper tier, I would not pay without there being a way to limit app access to designated folders

By prodding icons at random I discovered that calibrebox can send a downloaded book into moon reader - probably it pushes it to whatever android says is the default handler for that format, as the icon for that is a right arrow in a box; but it has no proper written help. i still don't know what its " import books " doe., I downloaded 9 books, tapped that, and am told that 9 books have been imported but to what/where is still a mystery. They are not on shelves in moon.
For the record, calibrebox also lacks a big part of CC ( but it's the part that I don't use - all the "librarian" functionality for viewing and managing the device's books.
CB just does one thing very well - show all, or a filtered view, of what's in calibre in cloud, and download it on demand. 1.49 for the pro ( = no ads) version

Last edited by stumped; 07-28-2019 at 02:21 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote