View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 06:00 PM   #28
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
and finally, if apps such as Moon, Mantano/Bookari, CalibreBox can so easily still get full access permissions for dropbox, why is it so hard for CC do do the same ?
the moon reader app with full permissions was only installed yesterday
This problem happens because of a decision I made 5 years ago: to use web-based OAUTH to authenticate instead of the service's program library API. My decision made it much easier for me to support multiple cloud vendors, but it also made it susceptible to arbitrary changes by the vendor. In this case Dropbox decided to stop allowing apps (perhaps only Android) to use web authentication except for gmail addresses. Google did the same thing but permitted a work-around, which I used. Fixing this requires switching to using the program libraries for all of the cloud services, which is a non-trivial (!) change. I suspect that Sam wants to make the changes, but I don't know that and must not speak for him.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote