View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 06:37 AM   #16
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonster View Post
I've seen some articles about upcoming changes Google is making regarding Gmail access:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...rting-july-15/

Do you think this will prevent us from using the current *workaround*?
I doubt it. When authenticating with Dropbox CC doesn't use anything from Google. Instead Dropbox contacts Google to verify the credentials then assuming they are correct gives CC access to Dropbox. I would be astonished if Google cut off Dropbox identity federation (OAUTH), or alternatively that Dropbox has not already done what they need to do.

It could be that CC's Google Drive connection will suffer, but Google hasn't said anything to us to that effect.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote