View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 02:13 AM   #71
glasnost
Connoisseur
glasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW3, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsmark View Post
However, there's no support for typing in text in the on-device application. Even more unofficial, we had live text synchronization from the desktop application to the on-device application working on our prototypes last summer, but we decided to remove it from the 1.0 release because of the added complexity (mostly UX) that comes with text editing.
Thank you for the informative update. Along the lines of unofficial information, are you attempting to lock down the device and make it difficult for users to compile a terminal application and vim? UX being much less important to me than to your device team ;-)

I'm happy to do legwork to do that, but I don't have the coding chops of the MR Kindle community, who had to jailbreak the Kindle and subsequently created some fabulous applications to extend the functionality of that device.

And, yes, your support team said that they are in internal discussions re keyboards (you make it sound like a decision has been reached.)
glasnost is offline   Reply With Quote