View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 09:15 AM   #1704
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmbrain View Post
How can I determine if there are errors?
If you have the option set to skip errors, unset it and send a book. Any errors should be displayed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmbrain View Post
Another strange thing -- if in the KoboTouch Extended plugin I uncheck epub from the list of file formats, and I send an epub to the device, it converts it to PDF, even though kepub is checked and at the top of the list.

UPDATE: If I uncheck all formats except kepub, and I try to send a book to my device, I get the following:

calibre, version 2.82.0
WARNING: No suitable formats: Could not upload the following books to the device, as no suitable formats were found. Convert the book(s) to a format supported by your device first.

Really at a loss here....
And that is working correctly.

The list of formats is the preference order to choose a format and send if they are in the calibre library. When you send a book to the device, calibre it looks through the format list until it finds a supported format for the book. If it doesn't find one, it does a conversion to a supported format. I would have said it used the first selected format in the driver, but maybe it is using the conversion options. Or, you don't have the Kepub Output plugin installed and enabled.

This is all standard calibre and how it works. But, the KoboTouchExtended driver does one extra thing. If the book being sent is an epub, it is modified on the fly to be a kepub. This only happens if the book being sent is an epub, or gets converted to an epub during the send.

If there are no errors showing at any time, then we need a debug log. Restore all the options to what they were before and restart calibre in debug mode. Then, connect the device and send a book. After that has finished, close calibre and the debug log will be displayed. Post the contents of the log so we can see what is happening.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote