View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 03:48 AM   #69
sandsmark
sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
i've changed my mind about this device. i would consider this device even though i am currently happy with my sony dpt-s1. but i will only consider it AFTER it has been released. it would be fantastic if it has 2 more features, a built-in front light and one more that i think would be very valuable to transition to a paperless environment. the front light is self-explanatory but from what i hear may not be workable in such a large device.
Not going to happen unfortunately, for purely mechanical reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
the other is to add software that allows it to be a "printer". through wifi, the "reMarkable Printer" can be seen by computers. and when you print to the "reMarkable Printer", it would result in a pdf file directly created on the device. so anytime you need to transfer a file to this device, you can do it directly by "printing" to the device instead of uploading your file through using a cable or uploading from computer to cloud and then from cloud to device.
Been trying to make this work, but rather as a USB printer. The issue is driver support on windows and macos (it works from my linux laptop), so it might not be in the 1.0 or at all (depends on resources, priorities, etc).
sandsmark is offline   Reply With Quote