View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #1697
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's not really the total size of the epub/kepub itself I was referring to, but the size of the individual files within. One (or more) of which may be causing a memory problem.
I think if you do a epub to epub conversion (with the maximum size option set appropriately) calibre will split huge files like that.

If I recall correctly, the epub editor also has an option to manually split them.

I suppose the catalog generator probably should also auto-split, but it's not too hard to do it via one of the other mechanisms if you remember.

I just fixed a downloaded epub yesterday that was crashing my kobo by both running it through the editor's autocorrect methods and doing an epub-epub conversion.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote