Thread: Kobo Patcher
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #57
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
Since a big part of this patch is to fix the eyesore of the wasted space at the bottom, I thought I would share something I found. My latest side loaded epub had extra space at the bottom, even though I have applied the patch, and other epubs look good (close to the screenshot in post #13).

I had added the following via Sigil, same as my other epubs, but there was still extra space:
Code:
p, body { 
	widows: 0; 
	orphans: 0; 
}
Once again, if you're a Calibre user you can have this happen automatically whilst Calibre is sending each epub to the Kobo. See this post for details. You set it up once then forget about it. The real benefit is that, not only does it set widows/orphans to zero for each epub but also removes any other conflicting widows/orphans settings.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote