Thread: Kobo Patcher
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #54
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Since a big part of this patch is to fix the eyesore of the wasted space at the bottom, I thought I would share something I found. My latest side loaded epub had extra space at the bottom, even though I have applied the patch, and other epubs look good (close to the screenshot in post #13).

I had added the following via Sigil, same as my other epubs, but there was still extra space:
Code:
p, body { 
	widows: 0; 
	orphans: 0; 
}
It turns out there was a reference in each chapter:
Code:
<link href="../Misc/page-template.xpgt" rel="stylesheet" type="application/vnd.adobe-page-template+xml" />
This page template file had additional top and bottom margins that were affecting the Kobo rendering. I removed the margins from the xpgt file and it was fixed. The fact there was something outside the CSS that was affecting the margins was something new to me.

I think the xpgt is junk that should be removed. I'm thinking I'll have to make a cleanup process for Sigil to get epubs the way I like.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote