View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Windows 8 doesn't let you have multiple windows open?
Yes, of course it does. It has a desktop which runs all your existing applications exactly as they run under Windows 7.

It's only "Metro Apps" that run full screen, and that's because those are designed to be tablet apps, and a multi-window UI just doesn't work well on a tablet (which is why iOS and Android tablets also run all apps full-screen).

Honestly, the amount of misinformation in this thread is scary. I honestly have to wonder how many of the people criticising Windows 8 have actually spent any time using it! I use it, and I like it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote