View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:44 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That statement is not always true.

There are updates that make changes to the DB structure (there is an install script that restructures the DB when this happens).

Using an older version of Calibre to change metadata may just not have the ability to populate/change those newer fields (custom columns ability was one such DB add) , resulting in a loss of data (to the newer versions).

I really don't think running V7, 8 and 9 on the same DB is a really good idea.
Pick a level and use that one on all.
It does depend on the changes, I agree. But I was running an early 0.7 as server and a late 0.8 on my laptop without problems... No major DB changes inbetween. But especially that server doesn't get upgraded very often...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote