View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #105
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
Thing is, Apple is relying on a very limited selection of hardware to fuel their growth and are doing it in a closed ecosystem.
I understand your point --- one failure and the ship goes down.

But Apple hardware has usually excellent. Not just phones -- laptops are excellent and copied, iPad is excellent and copied, even iMac.

If competitors are waiting for a failure to move ahead of apple they might wait a long time. Limited selection is a strength not a weakness. I think it lets them focus on the details.

from quoted article: "And don’t forget those clunky old PCs. While other computer makers have lost ground, sales of Macs have grown each quarter for the past six years."

Quote:
At some point I would expect Google to surpass Apple in value as they have a much broader portfolio and are driving or attempting to drive technological innovations on a lot of fronts right now. From a cloud based os to self-driving cars and everyting in between, they are truly innovating.
But how many of those are successful businesses right now? Google is hoping that they become a successful business, while what Apple is producing in limited models already are successful businesses.

Quote:
it's fun to watch.
I agree.

Articles about driverless cars:

http://www.economist.com/node/21560989
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote