View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #103
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
From article:

Apple was 656 billion on Friday. Google is a good business, but they have to climb some more to reach apple. They might in a few years...Apple cannot grow for ever.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...ak-1-trillion/

Thing is, Apple is relying on a very limited selection of hardware to fuel their growth and are doing it in a closed ecosystem. That only works when you have great hardware, and as we have seen in the past that almost certainly can't last. At some point I would expect Google to surpass Apple in value as they have a much broader portfolio and are driving or attempting to drive technological innovations on a lot of fronts right now. From a cloud based os to self-driving cars and everyting in between, they are truly innovating. Where as Apple's last two best known innovations, Siri and Maps, were mostly bought. And most other aspects of what they are doing are simply catching up to the competition (iPhone 5 size, LTE, processor speed, etc). Sure, not everything Google tries is successful (Google TV), but that's life on the bleeding edge. They have a lot of irons in the fire right now.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm no fanboy and neither company is what I would consider "good", I have major issues with the way each does business. But I am much more interested with what comes out of Google these days than Apple. You just never know what the heck they will come up with, it's fun to watch.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote