View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 02:37 PM   #119
haertig
Guru
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Sansa Clip v2 Rockbox (audiobooks)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
More relevant for the discussion at hand I have a rhetorical question for you. Why would you go through the pain of borrowing 250(*) titles with KU in batches of 10 if you only skimmed to see if they are worth reading at a later time? Couldn't you have simply gotten the samples instead? Or skim the samples with the "look inside" feature?
I can't answer for the O.P., but I can answer for myself. I did a similar thing when I was running a free Kindle Unlimited trial. I wanted to see what they offered, with my ultimate goal being to determine if I wanted to pay for a KU subscription later, when I would actually read the books. I checked out many books, not to the degree that the O.P. did, but probably around 35 per month.

I wanted to be able to review the books at my leisure, which often times meant offline, where the "look inside" feature from Amazon's website is not available.

I ultimately determined that a KU subscription was not for me. But as the result of my reviewing during the free trial, I did read a few books, and purchased a few. They were cheap enough to buy that I actually saved money by buying them instead of renting access to them at $10 per month with a KU membership. When many of these books sell for only $2.99 or so, I can't justify paying $9.99 per month to access them via KU, because I just don't read that fast. In my case, it's cheaper to buy than to rent. That may not be the case for speedy readers though.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote