Thread: New Leaf Themes Redux
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 04:31 AM   #102
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I remember now. The other idea I had was about books that I just want to talk about because I felt as if I missed something; that I didn't get the author's point.

I recently read a science-fiction book called The Great Wheel by Ian R. MacLeod. I really like his writing, and I liked the setting and the characters, but at the end of it I felt as if I'd like to talk to others who had read the story in order to really understand it. I assume I am not the only one who occasionally hits a book that feels like something that needs to be talked about. (Incidentally, the novella that originally inspired my "co-written" idea also falls under this heading.) So all I need is a way to phrase it. Some initial ideas for theme phrases include...

Help me understand: I didn't get it

Puzzlers: Help me understand

Better options would be welcomed.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote