Thread: New Leaf Themes Redux
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 01:09 AM   #100
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I like collaborators -- in the spirit of wildly mis-queued book suggestions, I'm immediately thinking of the Reginald Hill book, The Collaborators. Not what you had in mind. But the beauty of themes.
Which is fine except that it proves Catlady's point, such an interpretation is going to make both themes the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I think "co-written" is indeed more distinct, but the more I look at these two suggestions, the more they seem to overlap. A writing collaboration could surely be considered an intense connection.

Oops, I just looked back through the thread and noticed that I already raised this issue re both themes being about duos. So I won't rehash.
But I think I see your (and others) point a bit better now. The intent is different, but our super-flexible interpretation of themes means that intent goes out the window and does indeed make these two effectively the same. I did have another idea the other day, now I just have to remember what it was...
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote