View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #172
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Would Elizabeth--or any young noblewoman of the time--have expected anything other than an arranged marriage advantageous to her family? Seems to me that if you expect to be married off to someone, becoming queen would be quite a consolation prize.

Don't know Game of Thrones at all.
No, I don’t know it either.

I agree Elizabeth would have known she would have no say in who she was married to. I don’t think there is any proof of the suggestion that she was to be married to Richard, other than a letter addressed to him, which could have been from her or her mother, assuring him of her devotion, or words to that effect. Not necessarily anything to do with marriage.

I think Henry might have been the husband from hell, whatever his mother was! Why do you say Elizabeth wanted to be queen, Catlady? I should think the further away from court, the better.

Last edited by Bookpossum; 05-03-2019 at 06:17 PM.
Bookpossum is online now   Reply With Quote