View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 12:57 AM   #24
andrewed
typist
andrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Kindle 3
Hi,

This is andrewed of Typable E-paper Tablet fame. My Nook died, so I am in the market for a new e-paper typewriter. I'm glad to see others interest in the same.

The Inkbook with USB keyboard looks good. Does anyone know if it still works? Like others, they may have turned off the USB host after customer complaints of battery drain from the keyboard. Which is stupid because powered hubs are $5 and power banks are common.

However, maybe they have a point. I had a Palm V and folding keyboard setup in 2003. Battery drain was zero. The keyboard docked the palm. It was slick. The connection or keyboard was different, maybe serial, and so did not drain the battery like USB. Maybe a crappy old serial keyboard is what we should aim to connect. Maybe a USB-serial adaptor would work with OTG.

If not, Renata at xda-developers continued development of the Nook Tablet to an extreme degree. She upgraded to the boxy new Nook Glow. It just takes more tech skill to root and install necessary programs. I did i in 2012, but it was tedious.

As to why no one makes such a device properly, I have my opinions. Write me if you really, really want to know.

I'd love to hear of any success or leads you have.

Cheers.

Last edited by andrewed; 03-29-2019 at 01:07 AM.
andrewed is offline   Reply With Quote