View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #14
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Netflix is rather sleazy IMO. I signed up and tried to find movies I wanted to stream. I almost always got their message stating that my specified movie was not available for streaming, but for another membership fee I could get the DVD mailed to me. Bleep that! They just want to sucker you into two over priced subscriptions. They have a few original TV shows that are decent, but as far as movie streaming they were a major fail in my case. I quickly cancelled Netflix. I tried again about two years later hoping they had improved, but it still blew chunks. (That was last December.) I have a Blu-Ray player, but I don't keep it plugged in any more as I don't care for that ancient technology when I can just stream stuff instead, and I certainly never liked the concept of mailing DVDs back and forth.

Amazon sucks because they want to rent or sell me nearly everything I want to watch. Yes they have some very nice add-on channels, but those are pricey, especially since you are already paying for Prime Video but not getting to watch very many without additional money. I do like the Grand Tour which is free, but if I wasn't getting Prime for the shipping I would not pay for Prime Video.
Prime Video has really expanded their Prime free offerings over the last several months. I was a bit surprised when I checked last month. Not perfect by any stretch, but much better. Now, I will watch when their LOTR series comes out in a year or so.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote