View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 01:56 AM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7, iPhone SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
... I expect that it's going to be more of a "These are all our cool new original programs, plus we signed a deal to get limited access to a couple content providers video library", i.e. nothing that's going to move the dial much for me. If it's part of Apple's overall music subscription, then I'll take a look at it. If it's another $10 a month in addition to Apple Music, well, not so much, especially since I suspect it will be oriented towards the 30 and below set, rather than old fogies like me.
I think you'd be right. I've been entertained to see spec updates for iMac and iPad over the last couple of days... clearly their focus is no longer on hardware, or the event would have included these as well. Disappointing. I have current subs to Netflix and Amazon Prime, plus theres the free Kanopy, and TV stations online services (here in Oz, I only bother with ABC iView and SBSonDemand) and really its enough. I can't see Apple producing anything I would be interested in. I'm an old fogie also.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote