Thread: Literary Eva Luna by Isabel Allende
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 03:40 AM   #2
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle voyage
It took me a few days to start the thread but I've already begun the book and am on Chapter 3 right now.

I was planning on reading the ebook, but as usual before I read a book I check Audible to see the options and lo and behold there's a brand new audiobook version of Eva Luna released the exact day we chose the book for our selection! What are the odds? It seems to be the first English-language audio version of it ever released too. So I was lured in because of that and am listening to the audiobook. It actually has two narrators, a female and a male (Cynthia Farrell, Timothy Andrés Pabon) but both are really similar in quality- they speak very generically and without passion, but the voices for characters are very good.

Also, it seems there is another book called The Stories of Eva Luna that is not the same book (it seems to be a supplementary book released a year later).
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote