View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #28
Victoria
Guru
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW 4, iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about your family member, Victoria. I do hope all goes well with her recovery from the surgery.

I didn't get the feeling that Toby and Emily were going to end up dead.

The final sentence certainly suggests that several organisations might be coming for him at once.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic in thinking that Toby and Emily would survive. But the fact that le Carré doesn't end with a pile of corpses at least leaves the possibility that the decent man might live to fight another day.
Thank you! She developed an infection following surgery, but seemed to be much better last night. So we’re hopeful she’s back on the mend.

I read the ending the same way. And successfully sending Oakley’s copies of the internal inquiry, reports, etc. to the press would have been a major tide turner. Even if they were killed by rogue police, the cat was out of the bag.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote