View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 07:56 PM   #24
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
I thought Jeb was completely unbelievable. I guess he was necessary to set up the story, but the scene on the hill seemed quite farfetched. Paul was deliberately chosen because he had no experience, and would be impressed by the demanding tone of a Junior Minister. But I just couldn’t see a well trained military Field Commander proceeding on the word of an political jackass like Quinn. Jeb wasn’t required to take Quinn’s orders, and I doubt anybody in his position would.
Yes, I completely agree here, and this just made the fob off explanation (questioning Jeb's sanity) that much easier to swallow - it was a believable explanation. And even if things had played out as described, Jeb was being sold to us readers as a loyal soldier - whistle-blower really didn't fit very well.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote