View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #12
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip, jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Top line readers as opposed to someone's next door neighbor who just happens to have a nice speaking voice.

At one end of the spectrum, you have big name actors who regularly do voice work. Tim Curry and Wil Wheaton are examples. Then you have to top level of readers, people like Simon Vance or Oliver Wyman. You aren't going to get them for 57 cents. The other end of the spectrum is self published stories read by whomever they could find that worked cheap. I ran across one where the reader was actually the author's next door neighbor who just happened to have a good speaking voice.
Duh. I defined "reader" as the end user/listener; I didn't realize you meant the narrator/performer/voice actor.

But in any case, the Audible romance package books seem to include many from mainstream publishers with well-known narrators; in my skimming I haven't noticed an abundance of self-pubbed books or books done on the cheap. My impression was that there were a lot of slightly older titles or books that were part of a series, perhaps to entice subscribers to buy an author's nonincluded books.
Catlady is online now   Reply With Quote