View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #35
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Nook, Onyx, Boyue, Kindle
For me, the nook is better than Kobo because the navigation options for the Kobo are so limited. It has no buttons, and I hate swiping, and I can only turn pages by tapping the right side of the screen. The left side of the screen is devoted to previous page, which I rarely use. So if I change hands, the whole arrangement is very awkward. Despite Kobo's customization options, I am unable to alter this over-limited functionality.

In comparison, the Nook has buttons on both sides. Plus because it is open Android, I can add any number of third-party reading apps with highly advanced navigation options.

The Kobo is really primitive and undeveloped in this regard. There is no excuse for it. Even open-source and small-time reading apps offer better navigation options than Kobo. Kobo should fix this.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote