View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 08:18 PM   #32
tiltowait
Zealot
tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
An interesting statement. What do you find nicer looking about the GL 3 screen? Personally, I prefer the extra screen area of the KA1. Both devices have the same generation 300 DPI eInk screens and both offer colour changing illumination. There is the capacitive vs. IR touchscreen debate where I must admit that having compared several ereaders, I can see little if any difference between the display using either technology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've seen the Kindle PW3 and the Kindle Voyage. I would not say either has a better screen than the H2O. So how can the nG3 screen be better than the KA1 screen? I don't get how.
Basically, the capacitive layer on the Kobo reduces the sharpness of the fonts. I'll try and post a photo later, but it's difficult to get a good comparison shot. I also prefer the temperature of the comfort light, which tends to make the screen look like real paper and is easier on the eyes than the red of the KA1.

Believe me, I wish the KA1's screen was as good. The software is much better, and I enjoy the larger screen.
tiltowait is offline   Reply With Quote