View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #63
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I think I encountered a small cosmetic bug in iPadOS 14 involving Widgets. As seen in the attached image, some of the Widget tiles seem to resize themselves for no apparent reason. I see the resizing after swiping to other Home pages then returning. Notice the clock Widgets or different sizes. Other Widgets have resized as well. I also see multiple smaller app icons. Way to go Apple!

ETA: Further investigation shows that the Widget and app icon sizes get messed up after changing the Wallpaper. Kind of odd, but I can reproduce it over and over again. I also found that restarting the iPad corrects the sizing issue.

I’m also encountering difficulty with sending attached images via my WIFi only iPad mini 5 via Messages to non-Apple devices. (Sending images to other Apple devices uses iMessages via SMS whereas sending to non-Apple devices uses Messages via MMS.) I have MMS Messaging turned on in my iPhone XR Settings and have the Text Message Forwarding turned on for my iPad mini 5, so it should work. Not sure if this is just an anomaly are a bug because the same image that failed multiple times to send to one contact worked with another contact. Both contacts have non-Apple phones. This issue seems to recur after upgrading to a new iPadOS.

ETA: I was never able to get one attached image to send to one friend, even though I tried several times. It did send to another friend via a separate Message. However, I tried another image via separate Messages to the same guys and both received the image on the first try. So it was probably an anomaly of some sort perhaps due to the image itself. I don’t think it was an iPadOS bug.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3C965205-0FFD-4542-BD96-8256BDF912CC.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	182009  

Last edited by OtinG; 09-17-2020 at 10:19 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote