View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #146
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Mini Mouse - maybe you can come up with with an idea for how I can use your textured covers with the Generate Cover PI to replace the solid colour you see in this example.

I use pictures that give a visual hint as to subject. So 'books' about the Euro get that sunny picture of the of the ECB, 'books' about Pound Sterling get a picture of the BoE in the rain, etc. The 'books' are public domain journal articles, think-tank papers etc, so they don't come with 'covers'.

When it comes to matters visual I'm the least creative kid on the block. My eyes glaze and my brain goes into hibernate mode if I have to do more than a couple of clicks. I remove the covers from any 'books' created by conversion with Modify, they only have value to me within calibre (Book Details).

I thought having textured borders might make my use of the Generate Cover PI less mechanical and produce a more interesting result - I get bored with them

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	112641  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote