Thread: LRF output
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
LRF output

I'm happy to announce html2lrf, an open source, cross-platform HTML to LRF converter that I believe is the most feature-complete converter available. It's distributed as part of libprs500 and will eventually be integrated into its GUI. I've attached an LRF file to show off some of its capabilities.

It has support for CSS, recursive links, inline images, lists, tables, dropcaps and embedded fonts.

If you have an HTML file it chokes on, I want to know about it!

For all you content creators, this presents an alternative content creation path. Just open the source file in you favorite office suite, save it as HTML and run it through html2lrf.

Get it and the rest of libprs500 from https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net. After installation a command html2lrf will be available. It's self documenting, i.e. just run it to get a list of options. Basic usage is as simple as
Code:
html2lrf myfile.html
I should thank Falstaff for pylrs and esperanc for the initial CSS conversion code.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf html2lrf.lrf (823.9 KB, 3019 views)
File Type: zip demo.zip (58.1 KB, 2552 views)

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-21-2007 at 08:04 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote