Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #69
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad032000 View Post
Certain (types of) jokes I may not find funny, but I don't consider them in bad taste. I just don't find them amusing. For example, I find 95% of bathroom humor pretty bland. Probably because I'm neither embarrassed nor disgusted by bodily functions, thus it holds no shock value for me.

I'm somewhat in agreement with you on that.

BUT:

I want a joke to shock the hell out of you and move you away from your comfortable niche where you knit stockings all day long in front of a lazy calico.

I'm not after a "feel-good" joke: Leave that to Grandma and Grandpa. I want to touch that corpse and shove it forward into that raging night. Or, better yet - much better, in fact: get that corpse animated, whether it be feline or human, and have those dead limbs dance a crazy Cumbian tune on a windy night when the wind blows dementedly down dark alleys to touch the hidden parts of the human psyche.

Or give me a lollipop - a blood-red one, please.

Don