Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #64
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
My wife and I made a deal about ethnic jokes. I can tell any ethnic joke I like, as long as the ethnicity being put down is (one of) mine (Scots or Slovak). Otherwise, I tell <ethnic> jokes. A brief (and lousy!) example:

Q: What's black and crispy and hangs from the ceiling?
A: An <ethnic> electrician!
That wouldn't always work. I knew hundreds of jokes about Jews in Auschwitz in my primary school days - and they were all centered around specific concentration camps situations. So you couldn't just substitute any ethnic group for it.

Now I think of it, maybe they were more jokes about concentration camps though... but still, as far as I know there aren't any other camps I could substitute and not lose the 'black humor'.