View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #54
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
So, I did give in...placed a $104 order.

On the topic of math :> This is how Fictionwise has worked out for me:

(And let's be clear, when I first got my Kindle, I assumed I would do most of my purchasing from Amazon...and so far, it hasn't worked that way.)

First, I joined Fictionwise a few weeks ago when they gave the club fee back as Micropay. So I "paid" $30 and got $30 in Micropay + a coupon for $10 ebook. So a gain of $10 on my money is better than my mutual funds are doing right now!!

For today's order, I hit the $104 mark...that's $52 in micropay + another $10 for the over $100 discount. So $62 in micropay. For how this compares to Amazon, of the 17 books I bought, 15 of them were within 20 to 60 cents of the Amazon price. So, 15 x 0.40 (midpoint) = $6.00 and 2 of them were almost $2 more than Amazon, so add another $4. So I spent $10 more than I would have if I had bought at Amazon.

So $10 more = $62 in micropay available to spend.

As far as I see it, that is $50 of books cleared by purchasing at Fictionwise during this special.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote