View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #179
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by birch01 View Post
Ok,

Found te problem. The empty directories don't remain when you change metadata. They remain when you delete a book from the library.

As far as the "," and ";" are concerned. AbeBooks for example, uses this format:

Kernighan, Brian W.; Ritchie, Dennis M.

While amazon uses this:

by Brian W. Kernighan (Author), Dennis M. Ritchie (Author)

The local online book stores for example use this format:
J. Farrow, J. Clark

So I guess there's no real standard way to write this. If it's not too hard, I would really appreciate if we could configure which character splits the name and surname and which character splits authors.

One more thing. When it comes to that button for automatic author sort generating. Would it be hard to include support for multiple authors also? That's probably the lowest priority thing since most books only have one author but still, it would be nice.
On deleting a book, the book folder is deleted, but the folder for the author is not. I've changed things so that if the folder for the author is empty, it is also deleted.

Changing the separation character is a bit of a job, as its used in a lot of places. I suggest you open a ticket for it and I will do it at some point. Right now I'm focussed on closing any remaining bugs.

Again open a ticket for multiple author support.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote