View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #49
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldavis2 View Post
I guess I still don't get it, except maybe for #3 above.
I think Amazon is just experimenting with different ways to allow people to get access to their content- "Kindle Everywhere". Right now, HTML5 is still a work in progress, but the promise is definitely there.

Amazon is supporting a LOT of different platforms right now, which means they need developer and support staff for each one. If, some time in the future, HTML5 (or 6, or 8) is robust enough to handle things as good as or better than the native apps, it would be very beneficial to be able to have "One platform, Everywhere".
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote