View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #30
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
I disagree with almost everything the "reviewer" said in her video.

I had no problems turning the Slick on - just press and hold the power switch for about 2 seconds.

She didn't seem to realize that the "Favorites" menu item added the current book to your Favorites list; it has nothing to do with bookmarks.

I also had no problems inserting or removing the SD card, and the Slick recognized it without a problem. From her description of having to "pry it out" and it not being recognized, it sounds like she put in it upside down.

Of course it's not a touch screen - it's a $90 reader!

I do agree with her that the "Jump to..." function would be more useful if it allowed jumping to a specific chapter (or even page), instead of a percent of the book.

I also agree that the calendar function isn't terribly useful. I'm not sure, however, how she expected to be able to input information into the calendar, since there is no keyboard!

I am so far not very impressed with the picture and video capabilities of the Slick. As I mentioned, it does a poor job of resizing images, and I haven't been able to get it to play a number of .AVI and .WMV videos that my Augen plays without any problems.

It's definitely a better eReader than the Augen, even with its limited page formatting. The decision on whether to keep it or return it will likely hinge on whether I can get the picture and video functions to work acceptably.
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote