View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Toast, redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Great, thanks! That fixed the problem. It is heavy-handed as you said, (titles become the same size as the text), but line spacing is now adjustable in the same range as for other books. I'll try to fix up the titles by changing some font sizes in the .css file with calibre's "tweak book".

@DNSB: I can't adjust the line spacing in your copy of the book, I tried removing the line-height terms from the .css file but then the double-spacing problem returns.
I removed the line spacing and margin settings from the .css file manually and I can change the line spacing and margins using the sliders now. However the line spacing even at the minimum setting is still larger than I normally consider as readable.

The version I uploaded here would not respond to the slider use as it had fixed line spacing and margins. I prefer to have setting them in the stylesheet so I have consistency. I tried running the file through Calibre removing font, margin and line-height and it seems to work on my Glo but again with the minimum line spacing being too large for my tastes.

I've attached a version with line-height and margins removed, the stories in separate files and a few other mods. While some other programs would show the <p><br /></p> items as blank lines, in my experience, the Kobo renderer seems to disregard those lines which mucked up the wide spacing between the segments of the book.

Hmmm... now up to 15 minutes on the file.
Attached Files
File Type: epub toast_mod.epub (236.0 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 12-06-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: File? What file? Oh... that file!
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote