View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #89
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I'm coming back to the Liaden books after a fairly long hiatus, and started reading the series with Ghost Ship -I'm part way into Necessity's Child right now.

I'm really baffled by the Department of the Interior. I had thought their goal was some sort of Liaden racial purity, but it seems like they're taking over whole systems. not being content with simply driving Korval off Liad, they're trying to destroy Korval entirely. They seem to me to be a sort of cardboard Big Bad with opaque motivations except to cause problems for Korval for whatever reason.

Also, I *know* I hadn't read Ghost Ship before, but the cliff-hanger ending with Daav sounded awfully familiar - was that in one of the other books as well?

Does Dragon Ship end with a similar cliff-hanger? because if so, I might just re-read earllier sequences, and wait for the next Theo Waitley book to come out, when ever it does.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote