View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #15
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shall1028 View Post
The difficulty with a linear forum (i.e. non-threaded) is that pronouns without initial referent lack adequate context.

Does "that" refer to SameerH listening, using a binary search to quickly locate a page when there is no existing alternative, using a combination binary and linear search to locate a word for dictionary look up where there is no existing alternative or J. Strnad's being humbled in my presence.

I hope it's not the latter. It would be nice if for once in my life that two people in all the world were humbled in my presence.
"To admire means that you regard me as the handsomest, the best-dressed, the richest, and the most intelligent man on this planet."

"But you are the only man on your planet!"

"Do me this kindness. Admire me just the same." -- the Conceited Man in The Little Prince
Sorry, I was referring to the original question posed in the thread title.

My point, which was lost, I think, in the brevity of my post, was simply that this is a complicated, inelegant feature that the device clearly wasn't intended to support and, in my opinion, shouldn't support. If hypertexting, dictionary lookups, searching and other features like that are important to you, then perhaps the Kobo eReader isn't the device for you. Or not the device for you when you want to do those things.

For simply reading novels, or other text based content that is read in a linear manner the Kobo is great. That's it's strength, and the reason why I bought one.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote