View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 07:02 AM   #4
angharad09
Enthusiast
angharad09 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Last time I did this I used a combination of Calibre and Sigil. It's been awhile, but hopefully I can get back on the bike ... the illustrations are my biggest worry, actually, so thanks for bringing that up. Some questions --

(1) Is there an ideal/maximum size for an epub/mobi? Not in terms of publishers' requirements (I can look those up), but what is convenient for readers who don't have the latest high-end gadgets?

(2) In terms of the individual graphics (cover, large inside, small inside) -- is there an ideal size/resolution that will work for everything from a print-quality PDF to an epub viewable on a smartphone? Or do I need to generate multiple copies of each graphic? (I can happily do that, but don't want to unnecessarily complicate things.)

(3) Is there anything in Calibre, Sigil, or similar programs that will automatically downsize graphics (or the document as a whole) for you?

I've lost my access to Adobe products (currently cobbling things together with Preview, Photos, and Affinity) and I'm trying not to make assumptions about what can/can't be done with other software.

Thanks again, everyone!
angharad09 is offline   Reply With Quote