View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 02:31 PM   #1263
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I have been using a recommended command from you to optimize a magazine for reading on my kindle. There are a few cases where it fails, so perhaps my command needs further tweaking. The current command line is:

k2pdfopt -bpc 1 -cbox1 0,.52in -cbox2-9999 0,0 -m .11in,.04in,.14in,.6in -x <input PDF files>

I have attached a page that the above command line fails to detect that the upper portion is in two columns, resulting in giberish in the output file. Perhaps this is unavoidable, as not all pages are in the same layout, and pages like this will need to be handled as individual cases. But I defer to your superior knowledge of your tool to address the case that it might be possible to tweak the column detection in the command line.
This seems to solve it--add this to the command line (or "Additional Options" box in the MS Windows GUI):
Code:
-ch 1
That changes the minimum height of a detectable 2-column region from 1.5 inches to 1 inch. Your 2-column region was just a little shorter than the default for being detected as 2-columns.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote