View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 09:24 AM   #898
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by krogank9 View Post
Hey, I have pdf which is mostly text with some images. When I use k2pdfopt to convert it for my e reader, it crops based on white space as it says, but it splits up some images and doesn't preserve their orientation to each other. for example i have a table like:

Code:
x        y
___      ___
1         5
2        10
3        15
4        20
but it splits up x and y from each other (both tables are in same image) one goes before a paragraph, the other goes after. I want to keep them next to each other. I understand this is probably useful for pdfs with no text and that are printed, but for me I need to preserve the tables orientation to each other. Is there an option to preserve all images in a pdf?
Has Max. Columns value been set to 1 or 2 ?

Here is attached reflowed file in landscape mode Max. Columns 1, with table on page 2 left intact i.e. x and y columns left next to each other on the same page (using 2 as a value for Max. Columns would split the columns on separate pages.)

You can also use another e-ink or tablet(color recognition) simultaneously, just for zooming-in on the pictures and tables in the original file and checking an original layout, while reading reflowed text on another. e.g. I can use Sony Prs T1 for scribbling, higlighting, dictionary, annotation(by keyboard or scribling) etc. while simultaneously reading the same pdf enlarged on Kindle DX that lacks those same functions for pdfs.

Better idea for such letter sized and A4 pdfs with very small letters is using 10" e-ink though e.g. I can even read it in portraite mode on Kindle DX (140 mm screen width) zoomed-in without margins.

In landscape mode zoomed without margins (202 mm) I can get magnification compared to 185 mm text width of that letter sized pdf on paper.

Also, if you have a lot of such letter sized pdf files and want small e-ink then you can better try some 6.8" e-ink like Kobo Aura HD that has got around 140 mm screen width in landscape i.e. about 20 mm more than 120 mm of 6" e-ink.

If you have Abbyy Finereader you can transform every recognized table into a picture by selecting it and choosing Change-Area-Type.

In Adobe Acrobat you can select a picture and choose Edit in Paint and then draw rectangle around a picture.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Unit 1_k2opt.pdf (2.47 MB, 234 views)

Last edited by markom; 09-06-2014 at 07:57 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote