View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
The Cool-er was a first generation Astak Mentor Lite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DojoPat View Post
I know the Cool-er reader has been out a few months now, but I've never seen one. Are people who own one happy with the device?

(I'm a happy 505 owner, but if Sony keeps using touch-screens on their new models I may eventually switch to another brand that has a crisp 6" screen)
Dear DojoPat:

I work for Astak so I am biased and cannot say anything negative about other devices. However, the Cool-er was a Netronix product and was lacking the Epson Controller and 8 level grey scale and Adobe Digital Editions DRM, and a few other important improvements. The Astak Mentor Lite (www.astak.com) is the second generation device and has these improvements.

Astak has a Dedicated Astak Forum on MobileRead Forum. You can also read all the features of the 6 inch Mentor Lite on my blog: www.robertbEZ.blogspot.com

Yes, the Mentor Lite is an outstanding 6 inch eBook Reader taht does not have Touchscreen but has numerous great features in a fast and dependable E-Ink screen. It displays about 16 different formats.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote